Tuesday, August 20, 2013

End of Summer Pot-Luck Idea: Baked Hasselback Potatoes

 I made this potato dish for a pot-luck we were invited to this past weekend, and I think they were a hit.  It is kind of like a cross between oven fries and a baked potato.  They are a quite easy, and very inexpensive way to feed a large group.  You slice baking potatoes almost all the way through to the bottom, and the recipe I made them from suggested putting chopsticks on either side of the potato to make sure you don't accidentally go all the way through, which worked really well.  Then you brush them with olive oil, herbs, and sea salt, then bake them for 45 minutes to an hour.  I served them with ketchup, but a fancy aioli like you get a a Belgian french fries place would have been really delicious.  You can find a recipe for them here, although the recipe I used from Cooking Light doesn't seem to be online.

No comments:

Post a Comment