Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Oysters and Candlelight, Richmond Style

Good times. And how much do you love that screen porch? Covet. I never think to get oysters for our parties, probably because it's not exactly a native food around here.  But it was such a fun and festive thing to do, and with a couple of expert shuckers in the house it was no problem. (another one of TH's hidden talents) And Heather made some delicious bacon burgers and homemade fries, and the whole thing was just lovely.  And the Crispin cider above was really good, I highly recommend it.  It would be so amazing if we could make anything even half that good when we do our cider making later this month.

Sorry the above paragraph is so fragmented.  I'm about half brain dead right now because I am a little swamped with work, and I am also taking another swing at selling one of my horses before the snow flies.  This weekend is the Weston Craft Show, in Weston, VT, which I am super excited about.  I've been making lots of new things, so I'll try to post a few tantalizing items up here tomorrow to hopefully tempt a few of you to come by the show.  #shamelessselfpromotion


No comments:

Post a Comment