Friday, May 4, 2012

Spring Jewelry Studio Happenings

It's been a while since I did an update on what I've been up to in the jewelry studio.  And since I don't want you all to think I've been slacking off, here are some images of new work, and some news about some exciting upcoming events.
I have a bunch of retail craft shows on my upcoming schedule, the first of which is next weekend, the 11th and 12th of May in Northampton, MA.  This will be my third time showing at Twist Fair, and I am really looking forward to it!  I also just received word that I have been accepted to the 2012 Weston Craft Show, which isn't until October, but I am already really excited about it!  But before that, in August, I will be participating in my first League of NH Craftsmen Summer Fair, which is a monster of a show which lasts nine days and requires the designing and building of a fairly substantial booth.  So I have been figuring out the logistics of how to basically build a 10x10 room in the middle of a field (see drawing below).  I have really been enjoying having all of these direct retail opportunities to get creative and make some one of a kind pieces.  It is a luxury I didn't really appreciate how much I was missing when I was selling exclusively wholesale.    

And in addition to all of that, I am taking advantage of having all of this inventory made (for Twist) to throw together a little photo shoot next wednesday with Cassie from ShopClementine in order to do a new look book and much needed website update!  I'll be sure to put up some of my favorite shots on Thursday.  Scattered around this post you can check out some of the new designs the lovely Meggie (Emmett's babysitter who has graciously agreed to model for me and Cassie) will be wearing in the shoot.

2 comments:

  1. Wow - everything is so beautiful. The shows will be fantastic! Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the jewelry!!! Simple yet fantastic :) Bracelet is my fav and I'm not a bracelet kind of girl...lol

    ReplyDelete