Friday, April 15, 2011

Etsy Foraging Friday - Everything is Illuminated

So so far I haven't been exactly good about keeping up weekly blog segments.  But I'm trying a new one, and I am hoping this one will stick, and I'll tell you why.  I recently joined an team of fellow Etsy sellers, called Project Treasury.  For those of you who aren't familiar with Etsy.com, it is an online marketplace where independent crafters and designers, as well as vintage clothing and furniture sellers, can set up shops to sell directly to consumers.  There is a whole community aspect of Etsy as well, which is too complicated for me to explain, or actually even understand, but suffice it to say the end outcome is that I spend a lot of time on Etsy trolling around and window shopping.  I am constantly amazed and impressed by how many intensely creative people there are out there making beautiful, original and whimsical things with their own two hands.  So I thought it would be nice to share some of the highlights of my wanderings.

Today I have a small collection of hanging lamps made from reused or repurposed materials.  One of my favorite things to find on Etsy is a clever new use for an everyday object.


Middle: Mason Jar Chandelier in Easter Pastels, by BootsNGus (who are the same clever people that made the hanging bundt pan planter I posted on Tuesday.

Happy Friday everyone!


1 comment:

  1. Love the collection and mention again!

    You and your blog rock!

    We are in love with the other lamps featured as well. Great job and creations!

    Cheers B&G =^..^=

    ReplyDelete