Thursday, March 24, 2011

Birthday Dinner

Here are some pics from the dinner I made for TH's birthday on Monday.  Sadly, I got so wrapped up in the cooking and eating I completely forgot to take any pictures of the finished product!  But at least I got a pic of dessert!
Remember how I said I'm not a good baker, and I tend to leave out ingredients?  This time I left out all the ingredients, and we just had cheese.  The one with the candle in it is the Bonne Bouche from Vermont Butter and Cheese Creamery is one of my all time favorites.  The other two delicious little babies on the board are the Winnimere, from Jasper Hill, and the Invierno, from Vermont Shepherd.  It's so nice to live in a place with such good local cheese!

The main dish was strozzapreti with ham and peas in a cream sauce from The Geometry of Pasta (pictured above).  We also had a salad of baby arugula and watercress with shallot vinaigrette, and cured meats, bread, and roasted red pepper spread.  It was a menu geared towards TH's taste, and I think he was happy and satisfied!

No comments:

Post a Comment